Friday, February 25, 2011

Adjusted Corsi Spreadsheet

Link. I updated it so you can filter by team by going to a different page in the spreadsheet. I used a 40 GP limit, so some teams (like St. Louis) have pretty short lists.

Also: the Sedins aren't looking so hot in this regard. They have 70% zone start this season!

Edit: I made a mistake in calculations (stick tap to the anonymous commenter). I've now fixed the numbers.

Edit2: Or so I thought. I'm finding more mistakes. I think when I revised I left out a column. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. Really good stuff. Could you put the adjusted Corsi on the main NHL leaderboard (like you did for Adjusted Corsi Rel.)? That could tell us a bit about a team's strength b/c raw Corsi can be a bit deceiving.

    Also, is the Sedin's raw Corsi total correct? Their Corsi on was near 16 per 60 minutes when this was made, but their raw score is only listed as +36. I wonder if a miscalculation was made and that is why they rate as bad as they do? Although, it is interesting that Detroit has 5 of the bottom 30 or so players in this ranking. Yet, they are one of the best teams in the NHL. Zetterberg and Datsyuk get some of the toughest minutes in the league and make it easier for the other player's on that roster. That duo must absolutely carry them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, you're right. Shoot, and I thought I nailed it :(

    I fixed the main page, I'll copy paste onto team pages in the next couple of days. The Sedins come out slightly positive. For now, I sorted the "Copy of NHL" page by team (reverse alphabetical), so just copy-paste into Excel or something if you want to use those numbers. I hid a lot of the columns, so when you actually copy-paste you should get the entire BtN Corsi page plus zonestart numbers, as well as some of my workspace.

    I'm happy to see Patrice Bergeron and Frans Nielsen near the top, despite their tough competition.

    ReplyDelete